Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Make A Wish Embossed Card

I've had a lot going on the last few weeks and didn't have a chance to post, but I'm finally catching up and playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make a Wish. I had this striking striped gold paper from DCWV Favor Boxes stack and was trying to figure out how to use it without hiding it behind layers of paper until it occurred to me to try and emboss it. I wasn't sure it it would hold up to the heat, but it worked just fine. I really like the contrasting effect and the combination of metallic and kraft.
Embossed Hero Arts Starbursts on gold striped paper DCWV DIY Favor Boxes
I had to take the picture at an angle to show the reflection, but in real life the flowers stand out well on both lines. I think the card is fitting for the challenge not just because of the sentiment, but it has a bit of dreamy, whimsy feel to it. 

Thanks for looking. 

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Hero Arts Starburts, MFT Make a Wish
  • Paper: DCWV DIY Favor Boxes
  • Accessories: La Mode embossing powder
~Olga

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely genius idea! I would never have thought to emboss this kind of paper, but the result is amazing! I really love the colors you chose, too. This is the epitome of classiness and coolness in a card! Thank you for the great idea and for sharing your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete