Saturday, December 28, 2013

Cupcakes Galore

What is your ideal day? I'm not talking about extraordinary, all your wishes coming true kind of day, but what if you didn't have the usual work/family/house obligations for a day and could do whatever you want? What would it be? Being off these past few days gave me a chance to do more of the things I love. I went for a 14.5 miles run this morning, I stamped, I hung out on Splitcoast forum which I haven't done in ages and I played with the dogs. Now I just need to add some sushi, ice cream and wine to the mix and it'd be pretty close to my ideal.

Since I've had more time to stamp, I had a chance to catch up on a few challenges and play with some new stamps. Here are two cards from the Verve December sketch challenge:

Cupcake card using PTI Cupcake Collection and Basic Grey Blush paper
This one is "Cupcakes Galore." Since I've been slacking on my marathon training, these cupcakes are a lot safer to partake in than the bakery kind. To make the cupcakes pop out a bit more, I cut out the base twice - once from cardstock and once from vellum. I scored and folded the vellum to give it a bit more pop and realistic look. I also used dimnesionals under the top cupcake. Yum.

lace, twine and rhinestones
This second card, a bit of a shabby chic. Seems no matter how much I use kraft cardstock, I don't get tired of it.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: PTI Cupcake Collection; Hero Arts Starbursts
  • Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Soft Sky, Basic Grey, Laura Ashley vellum; Tempting Turquoise, Basic Grey, Kraft
  • Ink:Brilliance Moonlight White, SU Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise
  • Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Chocolate Chip ribbon, Recollections Glitter on a Roll; rhinestones, twine, MFT Berrylicious button, Spare Parts lace
  • Tools: Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder, Modern Wallpaper, Nestabilities, PTI Coordinating cupcake die cuts
~Olga

No comments:

Post a Comment