Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Clean and Simple Embossed Cards

I'm having family in town this week for Thanksgiving, which is great, but there won't be much stamping and blogging for the next few days.

I did make a few quick CAS cards yesterday. I'm really happy with this Thank you card and it's fitting for the holidays this week. It was inspired by this Autumn Whimsey painting from art.com I embossed the image on Chocolate Chip cardstock, framed it by drawing a border around it and adding sentiment and finished it with a few pearls. I should have tried matting the pearls on darker circles, but I still like how it turned out.

Clean and simple stamped card. Embossed agapanthus cluster on chocolate chip background
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Agapanthus cluster by Stampendous
  • Paper: Whisper white, chocolate chip
  • Ink:Versamark and white EP
  • Accessories: Pearls from the Pretties Kit

The second card is for this week's sponging CAS challenge. I sponged a red circle by cutting out a template on a separate piece of card stock, embossed and cut out a butterfly to pop it up over the circle, framed it like I did with the previous card, but instead of pearls I added buttons.


Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Happy Harmony, God's Beauty
  • Paper: Whisper white
  • Ink: Really red, Versamark and black EP
  • Accessories: Buttons
  • Tools:
Thanks for stopping by and happy holidays.
~Olgy

6 comments:

  1. Olga, I love the way you "framed" your pieces. It makes such a professtional finished touch to them. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am going to make you a regular stop. Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards!! Love the simplicity of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the "framed" card! Beautiful! Thanks for commenting on my Fluffles card on SCS...it led me to your blog site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the white flowers on the brown panel!! Looks fabulous and the "frame" around the image with the sentiment is wonderful. Great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supper job! such a great hard work i like it...
    Plastic cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete