Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back to Basics

My first card in 6 months! It was tough to get started - I pulled out lots of papers and colors, browsed through bookmarked images and was about to give up and just case a few cards, but as I started stamping I was able to get some creative juices flowing and make this Serene Spring card. I was reluctant to use my Hodgepodge Hardware and BasicGrey ribbon, but they fit in with the color scheme, so I overpowered the herder in me. This is also the first card where I used Copics that I got last fall and of course a touch of glitter to add some bling. It's so nice to have a craft room again!Serene Spring, card, handmade, stamping, Stampin'Up!, Cuttlebug, spring, bird, flower, butterflySupplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Serene Spring
  • Paper: Certainly celery, chocolate chip, whisper white
  • Ink: Almost amethyst, certainly celery, copics (E53, E57)
  • Accessories: Hodgepodge hardware, ribbon from BasicGrey Urban Couture collection, Stickles
  • Tools: Cuttlebug, scalloped punch

I also started running yesterday... Again. I used to love sports and working out , so I don't know what's been going on the past year. I sporadically ran or biked a few times, but that's about it. Enough is enough though and I'm determined to get back in shape. I've been feeling down and also put on some unwanted pounds so it's time to resume a regular workout routine. My goal is to loose 8-9 lbs over the next two month. It's the most I've ever gained/lost, but I'm hoping it's doable if I start eating better (no more eating frosting during my cake decorating class :) and no Flaming Hot Cheetos in the evenings.). Top that off with some running and swimming and hopefully I'll see results. The heat this year isn't helping though, it's around 100 degrees and humid every day. Although I prefer heat over cold this is a little much even for me.


2 days down, many more to go.

~Olgy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Keep it up. :) I wish I was there in Austin to work out with you. It's lonely up here.

    ReplyDelete