Sunday, July 5, 2009

Baking

I've been on a baking craze lately. It started with a cake decorating class. Not that I bake cakes very often, but I wanted to try something new, plus I'd love to know how to make some of the designs I've seen on the cupcakes. I still needs lots of practice, but this is the first cake I made with roses. The design is kind of random, but we were learning different flowers during this class. cake decorating, baking

A couple of weeks ago I also got my first break maker. I've only made a few loafs so far and dough for cinnamon rolls, but I've been pretty happy with it. My favorite's been rosemary bread, but I want to experiment with a bit more to try and make sourdough rosemary so I can replace my addiction to the Rosemary Sourdough from Whole Foods (I can finish half that loaf in a sitting).


Aside from baking I finally got around to putting together most of my craft room this weekend. It still needs a little work, but I should be able to post a picture next time. I'm so happy it's finally in a usable state - I've missed stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment