Sunday, July 12, 2009

Simplicity

After a long cessation, it's been all about cards the past few days. Last week I got a card and stamp set in the mail from Emily, a generous fellow scrapper on SCS.Card, handmade, snowman, winter, Stampin'Up!, stamping, clear stamps, SplitcoastWhile waiting for a few things to get here in the mail so I can put the finishing touches in my craft room, I dusted off a my other stamp sets and made a few simple cards. Turns out that while I was living under a rock the past few months (in my case it's been a big two story rock) Slitcoaststampers forum added a few more daily challenges. They're a ton of fun, but I hardly had time to keep up with one, occasionally two of them a week before, let alone now. However, the new CAS - Clean and Simple challenge intrigued me. As much as I admire elaborate cards, sometimes it's the simple ones that are the most breathtaking, probably in part because you look at them and think "Wow, that's so simple, yet so (...elegant, beautiful, cute, glamorous, adorable...)" Followed by, "... Why didn't I think of that!?" It's true, sometimes making a minimalistic card is a lot more difficult. I would love to possess that talent, but to some extant I lack the vision for these super clean and simple cards that some of the very talented stampers have. I still experiment and learn and I guess that's the fun of it anyway. I started at the beginning and finished 8 challenges this afternoon, here are a few:

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Cute & Curly
  • Paper: Very vanilla, Dill Blossom DP by SEI
  • Ink: Mellow moss
  • Accessories: mini clip, ribbon
  • Tools: Punch

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Spring solitude
  • Paper: Whisper white, pretty in pink
  • Ink: Chocolate chip, pretty in pink
  • Accessories: Rhinestones
  • Tools: Paper piercer

No comments:

Post a Comment