Monday, January 5, 2009

2008: A Year In Review

First of all, let me apologize about the format of the Flocking tutorial in my last post. I've made a few attempts to repost it, but every time the spacing either in FireFox or IE is skewed and the pictures are misaligned. I'm sorry about that. If you're having problems viewing it try using FireFox or if you'd like a pdf of this instead, just email me and I'll send one to you.

Now, for some belated 2008 wrap-ups. I thought this was one of my least eventful years - no vacations, mostly work. Then I started listing the things I've done and to my surprise it was a lot more than I thought. A lot of firsts. A first trip to Singapore, actually Asia in general; a first tri; a first craft room (well, loft); started building a house; started this blog, etc. I actually ran out of space on my layout and had to stop at 10.

scrapbook, layout, Stampin'Up, sticky letters, resolutions, fun flock, flocking, triathlon
scrapbook, layout, Stampin'Up,fun flock, flocking, sticky letters

See Flocking Tutorial if you want to know how to make your own "fuzzy" letters.


Now thinking about 2009, I'm not big on for making New Year's resolutions. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self improvement, I just don't tend to associate it with the first of the year. Maybe knowing that I have a year to realize something makes it feel like it has to be something BIG. Or maybe I just feel like I wouldn't get as much done right away if I had a full year in front of me (admit it, we all procrastinate). Instead I'll just try to do more "firsts." With the move I doubt I'll be traveling much, but I'd like visit some new place outside of Austin. I need to start training again... maybe even train for an Olympic distance instead of a sprint if I can find the time. I don't want to set a goal who's outcome is out of my hands, so instead of making a goal of getting published or getting on a design team I'll make a goal to submit. I often say I will and then forget or change my mind, so this year by March I want to submit at least ten of my pieces. Ok, that's more than I keep track of as is. Happy New Year!

~Olgy

Supplies
(All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: kraft, SEI Dill Blossom, whisper white
  • Ink: basic black
  • Accessories: Stampin'Up! Sticky Cut Letters, Fun Flock, Basic Grey Obscure rub-ons
  • Tools: Wishblade

No comments:

Post a Comment