Monday, September 7, 2009

A Card Theif?

Since it was a three day weekend I've been stamping my little heart out. I distinctly remember making 4 cards for CAS challenges and leaving them on my desk ready to be photographed this morning except today one of them went mysteriously missing. I checked the floor, looked through my scraps, through my trash (twice), cleaned up my entire desk and nearly turned my entire craft room upside down looking for this card, but no success. I know I made it, I even have evidence on my scratch paper and scraps, but the card vanished. I'm staring to think that someone sneaked into the house just to steal this one card.... That just seems like the only logical explanation :) Oh well, I guess I'll only post the others until I catch the "thief".

The first card is for inspiration challenge and I used this Anthropologie shoe for my vision. I knew what I wanted to do, but struggled a bit getting it on paper because I didn't have wide red ribbon for the center of the card (aha, another excuse to go shopping). The background is stamped with twill to look like tweed on the pumps. I settled for a thinner, darker ribbon with the same bow. The flowers were stamped in black, but to give the image a little more dimension, I traced it with the white pen. Here's my CAS (clean and simple) Seeing Red card.

Handmade card for SCS CAS, clean and simple, challenge. The card is primarily red and uses Stampin'Up! Happy Harmony stamp as a center image

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Happy Harmony, Warm Words, Twill background
  • Paper: Ruby red
  • Ink:Basic black, white gel pen, Versamark
  • Accessories: Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
This next card was for a CAS masculine card challenge. I have to be honest, I'm not very good at making masculine cards, primarily because I don't have many stamps or papers that suit this genre. Luckily, my new Eiffel Tower stamp didn't have flowers or birds or swirls or anything of that kind on it, so it fit the bill. Plus, I can't help but reach for the new toys first. Now for the second part the challenge, the card had to be clean and simple which meant I couldn't layer on the embellishments. Instead, I found this retired Stampin'Up! Lexicon of Love set, which I haven't used in years, stamped it on the background, cut out the Eiffel Tower and popped it up with 3D dots (sorry if it's hard to see that from the photo) and sponged the edges. All in all it took longer to find the stamps then to make the card.  

Stamped masculine card for SCS clean and simple challenge using the Stampabilities Eiffel Tower stamp

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Eiffel Tower by Stampabilities, Lexicon of Love
  • Paper: Always artichoke, very vanilla
  • Ink: Going grey, always artichoke
  • Accessories: Dimentionals

~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment