Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day

Happy Labor Day weekend! I've got some house projects planned, but in between I'm taking advantage of extra time off and am catching up on stamping. It was very unlike me, but I woke up early this morning and had a chance to participate in the Featured Stamper SCS Challenge before going back to tiling the fireplace. I needed a baby card, so this is the first one I did, however, since tomorrow is a day off I'm hoping to fit in a few more cards before the weekend is gone.


Handmade pink baby girl card using Stampin'Up! Bundle of Joy stamp set for SCS Featured Stamper challenge.

For this card I used some leftover polka dot paper from SU stack. I seem to always reach for this retired Bundle of Joy set for the baby cards. I stameped the bear in pink, filled in the inside with glue being careful not to over the eyes and nose and covered with glitter. Unfortunately, the pink image blended in with the pink glitter a little too much, so I went back and traced it with creamy caramel. Some ribbon and buttons to complete the card so now I'm off to do more tiling.

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Bundle of Joy, Warm Words
  • Paper: Whisper white, DP stack, non-SU textured paper
  • Ink: Pretty in pink, creamy caramel
  • Accessories: Ribbon (Hobby Lobby), buttons, Fairy Dust glitter
  • Tools: Nestabilities, SU scalloped border punch

~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment