Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Show Me Some Bling

I'm not a pink and hearts type of girl, but when I saw SEI Chocolat collection last year I couldn't resist. I brought it home and made a few cards right away. They were so quick because the paper was beautiful all on it's own. I made a few variations with different embelishments around the ribbon as well as the sentiment.

Handmade card using SEI Chocolat designer paper and Stampin'Up! It's about time stamp set
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: It's about time
  • Paper: eclair and cherie by SEI
  • Ink: Versamark and white embossing powder
  • Accessories: Butterfly embellishment from SEI chocolat collection

Fast forward to now, I found the stack still almost full sitting in my DP stash. It was time to make some layouts. I've been digging through some really old photos lately, uploading a few of them on Facebook for my friends to see and the High School memories started flooding in. Well, what's a better occasion to use some glittery, pink paper than a HS dance?

12x12 scrapbook layout of High School prom using SEI chocolat collection, Prima flowers and other embelishments
I used the nougat DP for my base and cut out some flourishes and hearts from mon coeur. For the title, I only had "R" and "O" in the stash, luckily, these metal letters were easy to bend so I broke off a piece to make the "P" and "M" from two "N"s. The flourishes and the picture are poped up with foam squares for extra layers.

12x12 scrapbook layout of High School prom using SEI chocolat collection, close up on the swirl12x12 scrapbook layout of High School prom using SEI chocolat collection, close up on the title
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Doodle Script Alphabet by Inque boutique
  • Paper: nougat and mon coeur by SEI, Tender love and care by EK Success
  • Accessories: Prima flowers, rhinestones, Metalgrams by American crafts, glitter die cuts by SEI, metal accent (not arts related)
While at it, I also made a few quick cards for the CAS bling challenge. For these I used the eclair shimmery paper, matted it with black to contrast my background and embossed the sentiment in silver. Below are the two variations with Primas and pearls.


Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Heidi Grace
  • Paper: eclair by SIE, basic black, white Bazzil
  • Ink: versamark and silver EP
  • Accessories: Prima flowers, pearls, brads

~Olgy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards and page! Wow...i am mesmerized by that paper too (and what you did with it!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete