Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rain

After 2 months of 100+ degree weather and drought, it started raining in Austin last weekend. It's been raining for several days, which is great for my lawn, but I'm already missing the sunshine. It was a lazy, gloomy Saturday morning this weekend so I made pancakes, I think for the 2nd time in my life (I'm not kidding), but they turned out delicious. I just had to take a picture.

Pancakes with strawberries
Then, somewhere between painting my fireplace wall and cleaning up the guest room I would sneak back to my craft room (ahhh, did I mention how much I love my new craft room?) to work on a few pages. This one is my latest favorites.

12x12 scrapbook layout with the dog wanting to play in the snow; the layout features BasicGrey papers and uses stitching, layering and stamping

The picture is of my parents' dog, Alice. She loves the outdoors (especially in the winter) and always gives the same questioning head tilt asking "You want me to go back inside? Are you sure? I'd much rather sit here instead," when called to come back indoors. The layout is 12x12 based on this adorable Pencillines sketch . I used primarily Basic Grey papers, stitched the sides and under the title, layered, sponged the edges of the papr, added beads (icicles), ribbon and twill, layered some more, stamped in irodescent ice on the title and snowflakes and cut the smaller part of the title on my Wishblade. 


Closeup of the scrapbook page featuring BasicGrey Dasher and Figgy Pudding papers and uses stitching, layering and stamping; title is chipboard stamped with snowflake images and ribbon tied around it.
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Snow Flurries
  • Paper: Figgy Pudding and Dasher collection by BasicGrey
  • Ink: Chocolate chip, soft sky, Versamark, iridescent ice embossing powder
  • Accessories:  Beads from Pretties Kit, plastic winter Holidayhouse and Metalgrams by American Crafts, Heidi Swapp alphabet, ribbon, twill
  • Tools: Sewing machine, Cuttlebug
The second layout was from last week for a submission to Back Porch Memories. I was hanging a copy of the "Apparition of the Face of Aphrodite" painting by Dali in the library and the colors and papers I chose were loosely based on the painting with a somewhat modern, contemporary feel.
12x12 modern scrapbook layout for a sketch challenge using Periphery collection by Basic Grey

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Note It by Inque Boutique
  • Paper: Pinot Noir, Merlot from Periphery collection and Recess from Basic Grey, yellow Bazzil
  • Ink: Basic black, bordering blue, chocolate chip
  • Accessories: making memories eyelets, chocolate chip ribbon, Prima flowers, swirl clip from Hodgepodge Hardware, stickers by Kelly Paracci
No cards for today because the pages took most of the time, but stay tuned later in the week.

    ~Olgy

    2 comments:

    1. Those pancakes look delicious! I love pancakes. Great layouts too.

      ReplyDelete
    2. First of all, those pancakes look delicous! But it is morning, and I haven't eat yet, so anything looks delicous. LOL! Love the layouts and your description of them...especially of your parents dog. Love the beads as 'icicles' and how you did the title. And the second page is such an interesting concept.

      ReplyDelete