Saturday, January 23, 2016

Using Mini Prills on Cards

I recently bough a jar of Mini Prills because they reminded me of cupcake pearls, but haven't used them on a project until now. I've made cards with micorbeads before and prills are sort of similar. They're a little bigger and I think made of styrofoam.


Simon Says Stylish Simon Boston Terrier Card with Mimi Prills

The first card was for Simon Says Stamp Best Friends Challenge using Mojo430 sketch. I made a card with the cute Boston Terrier - Stylish Simon stamp and added a heart embellishment covered in Mini Prills. To do this, I liberally covered a die cut in Aleene's Tacky Glue, covered in prills, hand pressed and then let it dry under the weight of acrylic block to keep the cardstock from warping under the wet glue. It turned out pretty well without empty spots on the paper. 


PTI Cupcake card with mini prills sprinkles

For the second card I put drops of Crystal Effects on a cupcake and used prills as sprinkles. Because they're so small, they clumped up a bit instead of looking like individual sprinkles. They seem to be holding pretty well when I'm just holding the card, but I think these are more likely to fall off in the mail.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Simon Says Stylish Simon, PTI Cupcake Collection
  • Paper: BasicGrey Blush
  • Accessories: Mini Prills
  • Tools: MFT and Stitched Fishtail Stax
~Olga

2 comments:

  1. Such a darling card. Love the stamp of Simon. So cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I love the papers you've used. Not seen prills before, think they need to go on my shopping list :D
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete