Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lulu Loves Poppies and Self Control

For those of you who are just interested in seeing the card for the "Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words" (no sentiments) Bellatastic Tuesday challenge, here is my Lulu Loves Poppies. The sketch is from the weekly MFT106 challenge, but I don't have enough MFT stamps yet that would work well with sketch so instead of fussing with something for a long time to try and make it work, I combined the two challenges. Leaving off sentiments usually isn't a problem for me, I often do that anyway and then I add on an appropriate one when  I'm ready to give the card. It's and old tip I got from someone and I love it because even when my card stash is low I can usually find a card that fits a particular occasion.

handmade card on black carstock with yellow and red poppies background and Stampingbella Lulu Loves Poppies image colored with Copics

For those of you still reading, I have another side story to share about this card. You already know I'm a pattern paper addict, I've mentioned it before. Well right after I bought my Lulu Loves Poppies stamp, while it was still in the mail on its way to me, I was walking through Joann's on a mission to buy a new cutting blade and NOTHING else when I noticed a Heidi Grace Tweet Memories paper stack full of different poppies papers. Ok, I may have taken a slight detour down the stamp isle, but I justified it as being thorough in my search. I was standing there looking at this adorable paper stack, dual sided, with some glittery pages, great colors and a good mix of small and bold patterns and all I could think about is how perfectly it'll coordinate with my future stamp. Never mind that I told myself that I'm only buying one thing that day. Never mind that just that week I was going though my paper storage frustrated that I was out of room and telling myself that I absolutely have to use use some of my existing stash before I can buy any new prints. I decided I had to make an exception because the find was such an incredible coincidence and to top it off the paper was marked 40% off. I mean it just doesn't get better than that.  I grabbed the paper, happy and a little ashamed about my lack of self control at the same time and now, 2 months later it's finally made its way to a project. Please don't judge, at least I kept myself from buying multiples... How about you, what things do you find hard to resist be it paper crafting related or otherwise? I'd love to see your comments.

Supplies  :
  • Stamps:Stamping Bella Lulu Loves Poppies
  • Paper: SU basic black, Heidi Grace Tweet Memories collection
  • Ink:Memento tuxedo black, SU Summer Sun, Copics: R27, R29, R59, RV21, E51, E53, G02, C-1
  • Accessories: Making Memories ribbon tag, Glossy Accents
  • Tools: Nestabilities oval die, Marta Stewart Arch Lattice punch
~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment