Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Blues

I've come down with something. Not really sure what it is, its a flu or some sort of bug, but I spent the last weekend either in bed or on the couch and had no strength or motivation to do anything else. Even stamp [gasp]! I grabbed my box of Copics and some pre-stamped images and spent 6 hrs laying in bed and coloring. It was soothing and fun at the same time and I felt like a little kid. I also came to the conclusion that I really really need to practice my coloring technique (or lack thereof). I also convinced myself that getting more markers is the key :) All in all I colored 5 images (2 of which are usable) and I bought  30+ markers - seems reasonable, doesn't it? Copics are wonderful, but most of the time I can't dedicate enough time to color and perfect an image like I see so many talented artists do so we'll see how much use my markers will actually get. Hopefully I'll be posting improved cards here over time. 

Handmade winter Christmas card with penguin image colored with Copic markers
For now here's a quick clean and simple card for for CASology winter challenge with some simple Copic shading. Love the GinaK 120lbs cardstock because the Copics don't show through the single layer. And I just can't resist adding Stickles or glitter to this image. Thanks for stopping by. 

Supplies :
  • Stamps: Pile of Pinguins by Whipper Snapper, SU Warm Words
  • Paper: GinaK white cardstock, SU Bashful blue
  • Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics: B93, B97, B32, G02
  • Accessories:Backer's twine, Stickles
  • Tools:Oval punches
~Olgy

7 comments:

  1. This is just too cute!!! LOVE those darling birds and your blue and green look fabulous against all that glorious white space! I'd love it if you'd come and join me at Inkspirational this week for our Photo Inkspiration challenge and also at Technique Tuesday for our monthly technique challenge! HUGS and happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colouring ... love the blue pile of penguins and stickles ... super cute! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina's white cardstock is my go-to - I love that it's thick, like you say, but it also matches whisper white, which I often use for layers! I love your little stack of penguins - they're adorable and I love them in chilly blue rather than black - clever! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Olga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stacked and squashed penguins are such a sweet image. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Gina K is awesome for coloured one layer cards! Love that pile o' penguins and the added glitter. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, MY! This is just the sweetest stack of squished penguins I have ever seen! (Love Whipper Snapper designs!) I love that you colored them blue...you are great with Copics, too! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Pile of Penguins?!!!! Sooo cute :) Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete