Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MFT Sketches

I was traveling part of last week and couldn't play along with some of the challenges I've been wanting to do weekly. Stamping and sports are so great at relieving stress, but since I haven't been doing much of either lately I've been grumpy. Why is the work week 5 days and weekend only 2?! Don't you sometimes wish you had a choice to work shorter weeks and scale the pay? I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could. Sorry, I don't mean to bring everyone down, after all, I have some cards to share today so it can't be all bad. If you have tips for carving out time for hobbies in a busy schedule or while traveling, I've love to hear them so please leave a comment.

Handmade Valentines card using MFT stamps, Basig Grey Blush paper and heart accessories
The first card is for My Favorite Things sketch for guest designer challenge. I love the sketch, but don't have a lot of stamps yet and had to use an embossed sentiment instead of an image as a focal point.

Handmade card using My Favorite Things sketch, MFT Die-namics die cuts and Basic Grey Serendipity paper
The second card if also for MFT, but for the weekly sketch challenge on SCS. The sketch was perfect for using up some pattern paper, which I've been challenging myself to do lately. The die cut flowers and border are from MFT and the sentiment is from Riley. 

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: MFT Valentines set from Dec Triple Scoop, Riley Funny Bones 
  • Paper:Real Red, Very Vanilla, Kraft, Basig Grey Blush collection, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Basic Grey Serendipity collection
  • Ink: Versamark + red EP, Real Red, More Mustard
  • Accessories: Metal heart from Craft Essentials Love & Wedding collection, Heidi Swapp heart shapes
  • Tools: Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Mini Royal Roses, Dainty Dots Border
~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment