Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Big Ego Challenge Layout

My creativity goes out of the window when I'm sick, so all my grand plans for Candy Shoppe Design's challenge didn't translate on paper in the same way I imagined. The requirement was to make a paper creation about myself using icons. You can find more info HERE. When i started cutting out pictures from magazines and printing icons, it took me back to my HS years when I kept all kinds of collage journals with random picture cutouts just because I liked how they looked. So for the old time's sake I tried to use as few "scrapbooking" supplies as possible. Instead of journaling, I made up a crossword puzzle about me and things I like to complement the random icons. The pen is part of the layout to create "in progress" feel.

A 12x12 scrapbook layout titled Driven
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps:Big Deal Alphabet
  • Paper: Basic black and Frances Meyer DP
  • Ink: Basic grey, Acrylic paint from Jo-ann's in Grasshopper color
  • Accessories: printed icons and magazine cutouts, traced Sticky Cuts Letters, Heidi Swapp punctuation sign, acrylic bubble
  • Tools: Punches
~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment