Monday, November 2, 2009

Birthday Mail and More Cards

I love birthdays and my own in particular :) It's my favorite 'holiday' and it's right before Halloween so there's almost always something to do and an excuse to dress up and look goofy. This year I dressed up as Alice in Wonderland and even convinced my DH to go along with the theme so I'll have to scrap the pictures soon. Another fun part about birthdays is happy mail - I got 3 handmade birthday cards last week and two more today, which I still need to take pictures of. Thanks to everyone for thinking of me! As my friend, Anna, put it, I'm now in the world of closer to 30 than 20. I haven't made up my mind yet on whether it's a good thing or not, but I'm sure 30 will be here before I know it.

Handmade birthday cards from SCS RAK

I made some cards too for the Featured Stamper challenges on SCS and although they were a lot of fun I should have started on the Christmas cards instead. I don't even have my design yet and it's already November! Instead, I'm still making summer cards, I guess it's wishful thinking. Here's one with the Bee wishrak image. I stitched the frame and added some Crystal Effects to the image for an added pop.


Stamped card with Stampedeous Bee stamp
Supplies:(All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Bees by Stampendous, Best Yet by Stampin'Up!
  • Paper: Basic black and whisper white by SU, American Crafts DP
  • Ink: Basic black, soft sky, real red, summer sun by SU
  • Accessories: Buttons, stitched ribbon from Hobby Lobby, Making Memories eyelet, Crystal Effects
  • Tools: Punch, sewing machine

The next one is for my mom who's been requesting dog cards. It's another wish rak image. Since I had my sewing machine out I stitched border, ran the background through Cuttlebug and cut out the image with Sizzix Top Note die. Inside the card I stamped the adorable sentiment, "There is nothing better than to end a bad day covered in dog slobber." This is my new stamp from American Art Stamp company that I picked up in Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and have been dying to use.


Dogwalkabella stamp card with prima flowers

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Dogwalkabella by StampingBella, Dog Slobber by American Art Stamp
  • Paper: Brown, ruby red, whisper white
  • Ink: Ruby red, close to cocoa, really rust, creamy caramel
  • Accessories:  Prima flowers, bling
  • Tools: Sizzix Bigz Top Note, Cuttlebug,sewing machine

~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment