I dont know if it was the yo yo yellow or being in my craft room, but it succeeded in lifting my spirits. I liked the look of the card as is, but I thought to myself that this may also look nice embossed... Fastforward half an hour and here are embossed, beaded, glittered and flocked cards. I know, I just couldn't resist...
The beads have an interesting look, but I think blue embossing and flocking are my favorite out of the bunch. Which one is yours? I'll mail the card of your choice to the first person to leave a comment (don't forget to email me your address) and by Nov 15 I'll choose another person at random to get another surprise.
If you're wondering which card is made with wich product and how to get that look - read on:
- Classic Stampin'Up! ink pad in Yoyo yellow. To get this look: Just stamp!
- Zing Embossing Powder in powder color. To get this look: Stamp image with Versamark, cover with EP, heat until it melts.
- Martha Stewart brownstone glitter. To get this look: apply heat & stick powder (I got mine from Stampin'Up! but other companies likely carry it too) and once it's melted quickly sprinkle with glitter. You can also buy EP with glitter in it (see #5) or trace the image with gluepen and then apply glitter.
- Martha Stewart tourmaline glass microbeads. To get this look: apply adhesive to the image (I traced it with Glossy Accents) and apply beads. Let the adhesive dry.
- CopperKate Rose Gold EP (it's already mixed with glitter). To get this look: See #2
- Fun Flock by Stempendous in chili pepper red. To get this look: See Fun Flock Tutorial and Tips post.
I'm also working on a Big Ego layout for Candy Shoppe Designs challenge, so stay tuned for that in the next few days.