Sunday, November 8, 2009

Featured Stamper and Sketch Challenges

Despite going to bed at 3am last night I woke up at 8:30 and couldn't fall asleep. I figured I might as well make use of the time and create a few cards for SCS challenges and get more inspiration for Christmas cards.

Hand stamped Snowbunny Bella card
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted):
  • Stamps: Snowbunnybella by Stamping Bella, The Snowflake Spot
  • Paper: Cranberry crisp, Pointsetta by Basic Grey, white
  • Ink: Ruby red, creamy caramel, Versamark
  • Accessories: Pom-poms
  • Tools: Scalloped and snowflake punches
I still had two Snowbunnybella images that I got from my first DSS sister. I've been trying to save them, but since winter is right around the corner, it felt it was an appropriate time to let go and use them. I did run into a little mishap when stitching the card; I accidentally started stitching through the back layer... that's what happens when I don't get enough sleep. At first I was thinking of staring from scratch, but I was able to re-stitch the first portion and put snowflake "tabs" around the inside and the back of the card (matching the front) to hide the holes. The cardstock is retired SU! in color Cranberry Crisp. Since there's no matching marker for this cardstock, I colored the coat with Ruby Red and went over it with creamy caramel, which produced a close match. It's a little hard to see from the photo, but the snowflakes and the fur on Bella's coat are embossed with white sparkling EP. I wasn't sure if glue alone would hold the pom-poms (snowballs), so I stitched them to the border of the card for a stronger hold.


Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :

  • Stamps: Oh So Lovely, Little Shapes
  • Paper:Whispre white, vintage violet, acetate
  • Ink: Stazon Black
  • Accessories: Liquid applique, Hodgepodge Hardware, ribbon
  • Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder

I managed to stay on track with the holiday theme on the first card, but it didn't last long. For the featured stamper challenge I picked these cards from Chrisations.ink! (first and second) as base for the design. I bought the Little Shapes set a long time ago specifically for background effects, but haven't used the in ages until today. I love rediscovering supplies I forgot I had. The card is pretty simple except the flower image is stamped on acetate and held in place with the metal embelishments. The frost on the flowers is done with liquid applique.




Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Spring Solitude, Lots of Thoughts
  • Paper: Kraft, Basic Grey Lilykate collection, certainly celery, cool carribian
  • Ink:Close to cocoa, certainly celery
  • Tools: Punches, sewing machine
The last card is really quick and simple. The liked the earthy/green feel of the original but changed around some elements.
~Olgy

2 comments:

  1. Olga... Ms Claus with attitude. now that's MY kind of card... I love them all - but this one is a hoot and such an original spin on the sketch challenge. thanks so much for sharing
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete