Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Cards

In the past years I came up with Christmas card design and then made the same set for that year. It streamlined the process and I didn't have to think who gets which card. This year, however, I just couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted and continued to make cards until I had about a dozen different ones. I finally gave up on the idea of a single design. I just hope that everyone likes the card they end up with. Here's a sneak peak.

This first one is a cute penguin by Whipper Snapper. The layout was for a clean and simple SCS challenge, so it's pretty basic, but I flocked and added glitter to the little guy for some dimension. Both the tan (ok, I know penguins aren't tan, but he was willing to make the sacrifice for the sake of color coordination) and white parts are covered in fun flock which I had to apply it in two steps. If you want to know more about using flocking see my earlier Fun Flock Tutorial post.

Stamped Christmas card with Whipper Snapper Ice Cream Penguin image covered in flocking
Supplies: (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted)
  • Stamps: Whipper Snapper Ice Cream Penguin
  • Paper: Very vanilla, My Minds Eye DP
  • Ink: Momento Black, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, certainly celery, real red, rose royal, pumpkin pie
  • Accessories:  RibbonFx, Fun Flock, Stickles
Next is a quick poinsettia card using Basic Grey paper. I just added some chunky glitter for a frosted effect and ribbon with sentiment. Each card is just a little different since it was cut from a 12x12 sheet.

Stamped Christmas card using Basic Grey Dasher paper and glitter
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Cute and Curly
  • Paper: Whisper white, Basic Grey Dasher DP collection
  • Ink: Cranberry crisp
  • Accessories: Ribbon, chunky glitter

For these next few cards I was trying to use up my Vintage Violet paper stash, which was one of the first "in colors" offered by Stampin'Up!. The first few are the fun Christmas tree Fluffles images and the last is a more traditional design. It didn't show up on the picture at all, but in person the card looks a lot prettier because there's glitter mixed in with the white embossing powder, so the card sparkles.

Stamped Christmas cards using Stampin'Up! vintage violet paper and Fluffles stamp

Stamped Christmas cards using Stampin'Up! vintage violet paper and Fluffles stamp

Stamped Christmas cards using Stampin'Up! vintage violet paper and snowflake spot stamp

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Fluffles Tree by Stampendeous, Best Yet, Snowflake spot, Cute and Curly
  • Paper: Vintage violet, whisper white
  • Ink: Vintage violet, Versamark, sage shadow
  • Accessories: Silver Stickles, Diamonds EP
  • Tools: Cuttlebug, punches
~Olgy

1 comment:

  1. Love the Fluffles image! And sparkle always get my attention. Very pretty, Olga!

    ReplyDelete