Sunday, November 15, 2009

CAS Winter Design

I have a few more CAS cards for you that I made for the winter design challenge. Both take just 5 minutes and even though the lighting on my photos wasn't great, they look cute in hand. The first one is an engagement card based on the fantastic grid sketch from Susan, who has a very inspiring blog called Simplicity, dedicated to clean and simple cards. I had few ideas for this card, but finally settled on using Prima flowers instead of stamped images. To make the flowers stand out more against grey background, I set them on punched out 1" white circles. In the center of each flower is a small rhinestone. The sentiment is embossed with white diamonds EP. Corners are rounded for a softer look.

Handmade engagement card with Prima flowers and embossed love sentiment

Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted):
  • Stamps: Wonderful words
  • Paper: Basic grey, whisper white
  • Ink: Versamark and white diamond EP
  • Accessories: Prima flowers, rhinestones
  • Tools: 1" circle punch
This one is my winter wonderland card. It's a no layers card unless you count a thin strip of wrapping paper on the inside of the card that shows through under the punched border. The snowflakes are glittery rub-ons I had from last year and my new favorite ribbon with shimmering white on one side and shimmering brown on the other.

Handmade winter or Christmas card with snowflake rub-ons and a large bow
Supplies:
  • Stamps: None
  • Paper: Light blue Bazzil, wrapping paper from SU!
  • Accessories: Me & My Big Ideas snowflake glitter rub-ons, ribbonFX
  • Tools: Martha Stewart border punch
~Olgy

1 comment:

  1. Olga, thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment! Your blog is so sweet; I love this card, as I am a great fan of Susan's and I recognized this right away! Good luck on the DT--I wish I had the nerve to try out myself...or maybe I am just too lazy!!!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete