Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lots and Lots of Cards

I'm supposed to be making Christmas cards right now, but I went through many 'prototypes' and can't find a perfect design. Some seem to be missing something, others would take too much time to mass produce. After card #12 I gave up and decided to take a break from Christmas cards and try something else. I got a few cards I was happy with, but I'm still searching for my Christmas card design.

Stamped Lady Bug Fluffles card on Stampin'Up! paper for Splitcoast Stampers featured stamper challenge
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted):
  • Stamps: Lady Bug Fluffles
  • Paper: Basic black, certainly celary, read red DP
  • Ink: Basic black, certainly celery, real red, creamy caramel (crayon)
  • Accessories: Glossy accents, Stickles, metal tag by American Crafts, ribbonFX
  • Tools: circle punch (to cut out corners)
This little Lady Bug Fluffles is for a SCS Featured Stamper challenge a few weeks ago. This card was inspired by Rachelhope13's card. I love polka dot paper! To me it's like the little black dress of designer papers - it coordinates well with any stamp. To make the lady bugs pop, I added Glossy Accents on the top and love how it tuned out! Ranger makes a few different kinds of this stuff. I used glossy, but they also have matte. It looks frosted coming out of the bottle, but it dries clear like acrylic and is great on stamped images as well as for making your own embalishments.


Handmade stamped card using Penny Black A Gift For You Hedgehog stamp colored with Copic markers
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: A Gift For You Hedgehog by Penny Black
  • Paper: True thyme, yoyo yellow, My Mind's Eye DP
  • Ink: Basic black, summer sun, really rust, Copics (C-5, C-7, R20, R22)
  • Accessories: RibbonFX, Making Memories eyelets, Glossy accents, glitter
  • Tools: Crop-a-Dile, scallped edge punch
This card as well as Riley were both made with some WRAK images. I had scraps of patterned paper I wanted to use up and these came together pretty quickly. On the hedgehog card I once again used Glossy Accents and sprinkled it with glitter before it dried. For the pleated ribbon effect I sewed though the middle of the ribbon and pulled the string to create the ruffles and then adhered it to paper them with the snail adhesive.


Handmade stamped Sick Riley card
Supplies (All supplies are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted) :
  • Stamps: Sick Riley by Hannah Stamps
  • Paper: Marigold morning, sage shadow, K&Company DP (Brown, Pink and Green Polk Dots Flat Paper)
  • Ink:Chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, sage shadow, almost apricot
  • Accessories: Chocolate chip and sage ribbons, almost apricot button, twine
  • Tools: Nestabilities
Riley was a quick card all around except that I didn't have the right color Copics and shaded the image with Stampin'Up! markers. It turned out alright, but the outline on Riley is more prominent than I would have wanted.




Finally, here's another birthday card I got in the mail few days ago. This one is from my 9 year old niece, Hanka. I love that someone else in our family has the paper crafting bug too. And Hanka, if you're reading this, thank you so much for the card, it looks great!


~Olgy

No comments:

Post a Comment